[stella] Climber 5 beta...again???

Subject: [stella] Climber 5 beta...again???
From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:42:59 -0400
Hi all,

I'm still adding to good ole Climber but I thought I'd send what I have
so far to get some direction.

I've added an enhanced selection with...
1) "pseudo" random ladders
2) random girder movement
3) score
4) bonus timer

Also the fire button can be used in the enhanced option. Pressing the
fire button will have the girders change direction. As a penalty the
timer is reduced by 500. Scoring is simple right now. The remaining time
is added to your score once you reach the ball.

In this binary I implemented Manuel's suggestion (I think) of having a
look up table for the random ladders. I calculated at most 10 PF2
combinations and 7 PF1 combinations so that's not a lot of bytes. Plus
the tables could be merged because they share some of the same values.

The screen rolls when you press reset on the enhanced option. I'll look
into correcting that later.

Tell me what you think. Looking good or not?

Scheduled additions...
1) Bonus pickup items
2) Better vertical animation
3) Title screen music
4) Demo mode

I have about 350 bytes of ROM and 35 bytes of RAM left so these
additions will depend on what will fit.

Take care,
Dennis