Re: [stella] Brainstorming: Porting Smithereens/Catapult/Stone Sling

Subject: Re: [stella] Brainstorming: Porting Smithereens/Catapult/Stone Sling
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:11:03 -0400
On Friday 25 July 2003 03:18, Manuel Polik wrote:
> > the standing one) I bet you could draw the castles
> > using a reflected playfield, use both missiles close
> > together for the first guy and have time to reposition
> > them in mid-scanline to do the other guy.
> Is that actually really possible? Wouldn't that require
> something like a VDMX register? Or does it work with
> VDEL already?

Actually, it won't work at all, because you can't draw the castles with a
reflected playfield.  I played Smithereens last night (incredible how far
o2em has come in the last year despite the code accident) and it seems I had
forgotten that the castles get torn down with each hit a bit like the bunkers
in Space Invaders.

> > I know someone's been working on and off on a KC
> > Munchkin clone for the 2600;
> Yes? Tell me more please!

It's somewhere on the AtariAge forums with a screenshot, but unfortunately not
under a subject line that would make you think it was K.C. Munchkin, IIRC.

Rob