Re: [stella] 2600 Sound, that time of year..

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 Sound, that time of year..
From: John Saeger <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Aug 2003 15:02:05 -0700
I've posted a test version of z26 here:

http://www.whimsey.com/z26beta/

It has Eckhard's changes to allow Andy's original pitsound to play.  It
also has some experimental code to attempt to minimize the distortion of
AUDV sound.  Basically, it synchronizes the game to the audio stream,
unless you are forcing a frame rate or syncing to the monitor.  Maybe
some of our more musical friends could tell us if they can tell the
difference.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to try Andy's soundsim because I
haven't figured out how to open a .rar file.  I know it is a lame
excuse, but speaking of that time of year, here in the pacific northwest
we need to take advantage of the sunshine.  So for now it's back to
staining my deck.  ;-)

John