Re: [stella] 2600 Sound, that time of year..

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 Sound, that time of year..
From: "Andy Mucho" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:41:59 +0100
Happy_Dude wrote:To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> I could try it on a 7800 but my current computers printer port is dead
> (as is my soundcard :( so I can even hear it emulated )

No fears, Pauls recording has put my mind at ease now :)

> >It's a stand alone windows command line app, plays abck through
> DirectSound,
> >
> I'd love to see something like this, and I'm *NOT* the sound hard-core
> brigade ;)

It's got no bank-switching support so your limited to 2K and 4K ROMs and
nothing apart from AUDVx emulation, mainly it'd be for people who wanted to
write their own sample playback and associated AUDVx poking sound stuff,
well until I bolt TIA Sound in then it'll playback other sound stuff, but
z26 and friends already do a good job of that..

I shall clean the source code up a tid, write some care and feeding
instructions and post it to the list then.. And maybe bolt Rons TIA Sound
into it..

Does the list have any objections to zipped non-2600 source code being
posted to the list ?

regards

andym