[stella] delayed sound -- emulator or programming glitch?

Subject: [stella] delayed sound -- emulator or programming glitch?
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 29 Aug 2003 01:46:02 -0000
So things are going pretty well with "FLAP: The JoustPong Experience"-
It's very gamelike now, though I still have a lot of details to fill in.

This evening I added sound...it works pretty well, but I'm getting
some inconsistent results with the emulators. With Z26, the sound
seems a bit delayed. StellaX seems to cut out some songs, but on
PCAE it seems fine.

I'm turning on the sound as soon as the event registers...
is there some other trick I'm missing? Or is it just an
emulator thing? This is the latest version of Windows Z26
on WinXP, the other emulators might be older though.

Latest source and binary at http://alienbill.com/joustpong ...
direct links:
http://alienbill.com/joustpong/20030828.source.txt
http://alienbill.com/joustpong/20030828.bin

Thanks for any insights!  Other suggestions welcome
as well, though I'm not at the polishing stage yet...

-Kirk
"Look for me first, in any crowded room, and I'll do the same"
	--Lyle Lovett, The Opposite of Sex