Re: [stella] collision detection

Subject: Re: [stella] collision detection
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 15:00:58 +0200
> After an attempt at 'optimizing'  the collision detection in a port of
> Stella, I found that Freeway no longer detected collisions, but the
> other programs I tested were OK. Is there some strange trick used in
> Freeway to catch collisions between the chickens and cars?

In Freeway all the cars are drawn with the same player. Also both
chicken are drawn with two copies of the same player. In order to
detect independent collisions for both chickens Freeway resets
the collision detection registers twice per scanline just before
the chicken is about to be displayed.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg