Re: [stella] Bounce: what next?

Subject: Re: [stella] Bounce: what next?
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:30:21 +0200
Hi all!

Thanks a lot for the huge amount of replies!!
You've managed to convince me for the contest :)

So, today I had some free time and continued working on the editor, trying
to make it as user friendly as possible. You can download an alpha version
here (it's just a .exe, no install):
http://www.rasty.com/bounce/bouncedit_alpha1.zip

Of course it's a WIP version, so the top menu won't work (so no load/save
yet), and the Test button is still disabled as well (it will run an emulator
to test the level being edited).

I think the tool is mostly self-explanatory, except maybe for the "path"
functionality: it will allow users to design a "winning path" to finish the
level. Its use will be in helping me/Manuel (and whoever wants to join the
testing :)) understanding quickly how the level should be played. To create
a path, once you have created a level, click on the "View/Edit path"
checkbutton and then click on the tiles in the order the player is supposed
to move to finish the level. The sequence will be recorded and marked on
screen. There's some basic path editing functionality too (back/clear).
"Play path" is still disabled.

For testing purposes, I'll directly have a binary saved with the level in
it, and will be automatically run throu and emulator (user-defined).
I'd love your comments on the editor!

About contest prizes, well I was thinking to of course credit all the
creators of the levels that will make it into the final version, plus draw 1
free cart among these. A limit to the levels that will be chosen should be
set, and that won't be very easy to do..

So, thanks again everyone for the help you're providing, and thanks in
advance to Manuel for the help he's volunteered in giving ;)

Regards!
Fabrizio.-