Re: [stella] [POLL] What is everybody working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] [POLL] What is everybody working on?
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:07:32 +0100
On Tuesday, November 11, 2003 at 20:25, Christopher Tumber wrote:
> Actually, the platforms can be animated in the same way though
> the layout will still need to be reflected or duplicated. Currently
> each row is reflected, but I plan to include the ability to switch
> between reflected and duplicated row by row. So there should be the
> ability to design lots of different levels (some animated
> background, some not, some animated platforms, some not, reflected
> and copies backgrounds and platforms...)

Yup, switching between reflected and duplicated should give you plenty
of possibilities. I hardly can wait to see more.

> Really? I quite like it, reminds me of Scramble and Super Cobra
> (the brick wall levels). However, here's a couple quick hacks. The
> first, Newcave-lines.bin does dashes instead of blocks which the
> second, Newcave-raster.bin also does dashes but only on the cave's
> "edges" so it's kinda a raster effect. Unfortunately there's nowhere
> near enough time to do 6 PF writes per scanline so there's no way to
> really "connect the dashes".

I prefer the raster version, but I agree with Manuel (sorry, I am
biased ;-), it looks very blocky. IMO his vector idea should get a
chance...

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |