Re: [stella] Need Help with 13 - character display routine.

Subject: Re: [stella] Need Help with 13 - character display routine.
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 09:28:28 -0600
The next part to getting this working (figuring out a routine to draw the 3-pixel text fast between lines) will also enable us to use the 12-13 character routine we've known about all along: the 48-pixel sprite. I think the 48-pixel method might be a little easier (or at least faster) since the graphic data is represented in a more straightforward way that playfield graphics.

But with the 48-pixel sprite, I'm not sure if 13 characters is possible. If the loop is unwrapped to remove extra cycles from indexing and looping, can you draw the missiles and ball in addition to the 48-pixel graphics, making it 51?

Part of my problem in the RPG is that I will need to compress the text, and it will probably have to be decompressed on the fly in the kernal, so I can't have a lot of extra time taken up by drawing text between lines.

-paul