Re: [stella] 13 chars C64-style

Subject: Re: [stella] 13 chars C64-style
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:19:58 +0100
Andrew wrote::
> I haven't done any VCS stuff for a while so I thought playing with this
> might be a good way to get back into things.. besides which, I couldn't
> resist giving it a try ;)

Very good!

> The rest of the code is basically left alone, I didn't attempt to roll
> up the rendering code.. well I did but I couldn't make it work so I
> left it alone for now ;)

You can save 5+6*3 = 23 cycles by not using 'count' and checking the
stackpointer ('chara' etc. must start at $80 then!) instead.

And 6*2 = 12 cycles by storing odd and even letters in different tables.

Still not enough for a whole line, but maybe someone else finds
some more cycles. :-)

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Horoskop, Comics, VIPs, Wetter, Sport und Lotto im WEB.DE Screensaver1.2
Kostenlos downloaden: http://screensaver.web.de/?mc=021110