Re: [stella] Fade Out

Subject: Re: [stella] Fade Out
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:59:04 +0100
Christopher Tumber wrote:
> Got an unexpectedly good amout of work done while away... The
> only really major addition is adding pick-upable ammo, most of the
> rest of essentially bugfix, tweaking and "look & feel" type
> additions.

Wow, this is getting *really* nice!

Did you reject the asymmetrical PF?

> Colour (changes colour but not text string)

I would suggest different initial values here.

Some ideas:
Have you thought about vertically color scrolling too? It might get
quite "jumpy", but it would add some nice new possibilities. You could
scroll by doubling the currently scrolling floor, so that the players
could quite easily follow the movement without getting visible.

How about bonus items which e.g. could reverse the scrolling
direction, invert the wall colors, enlarge the walls with the players
color, flash a whole floor or make the opposite player visible for a
few seconds?

Or how about making the player visible when he shots?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |