Re: [stella] JoustPong: maybe ditch "poorlords" wall

Subject: Re: [stella] JoustPong: maybe ditch "poorlords" wall
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 12 Jan 2004 16:59:04 -0000
> You can get a speed limitation by adding some speed based friction
> to the movement.
>
> E.g. for each frame do:
>   y-speed (old)
> - gravity (constant)
> + flapping (if done)
> - y-speed/16 (16 is just an example)
> = y-speed (new)
>
> You can find this kind of code in my Cave1K source. Without friction the
> helicopter become almust uncontrolable. There is IFDEF, so you can easily
> test the effect.

So, was speed "signed" for you, in this example?
Because if I always subtract yspeed/16 or whatever, that will
always be an increase to the speed in the downward direction?
Meaning friction if it is going up, but a push when its
already falling?

"the day that you die will be like any other day, only shorter." --Beckett