Re: [stella] Seawolf: Day Nine

Subject: Re: [stella] Seawolf: Day Nine
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:24:52 +0100
Manuel wrote:
> Unfortunately that's far from trivial.

On the Atari 2600 it almost never is. :-)

> Most parts of the
> screen display are not WSYNC'd. And those that are, are
> not only used up to the last cycle, but it's also tough
> to work here, as even smallest changes may (and will)
> break something.

Hm, but it looks like there is some space above and below
the ships. Why are you using all the CPU cycles there?

> By sacrificing some scannlines and some more ROM it
> should be doable somehow though. I just don't think it's
> worth it. :-)

Maybe when the game is almost finished and you still have
some space left?

> I'm starting to work again at the beginning of
> frebruary.

That explains it. :-)

Have?fun!
Thomas
Thomas?Jentzsch?????????|?***?Every?bit?is?sacred?!?***
tjentzsch?at?web?dot?de?|

Erdbeben im Iran: Zehntausende Kinder brauchen Hilfe. UNICEF hilft den
Kindern - helfen Sie mit! https://www.unicef.de/spe/spe_03.php