Re: [stella] Death Derby optimizations

Subject: Re: [stella] Death Derby optimizations
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:12:07 -0800
At 12:36 PM 1/15/2004, you wrote:
Also you could remove the jsr's in your mainloop. This could save you 18 bytes and stack RAM.

I'm not ready to take out subroutines yet, although I understand the rationale.

There's really no need to have these even though I know a lot of us use them. I guess you could have them if you don't need the space but if you're fighting for *every* ROM byte I'd get rid of them.

I'm more interested in RAM optimization than ROM optimization at this point, but I'll see about swapping in your changes. It wouldn't hurt. I don't know how close to the wall I am but I think I've got a significant amount of headroom still on the ROM front.

But before I started doing RAM optimizations I had less than 20 bytes left so I had to focus on that front _immediately_.