[stella] Climber 5 RC#02

Subject: [stella] Climber 5 RC#02
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:35:29 -0500
Hi all,

I've addressed some of the issues presented here last.

In this build...
Fire button start bug corrected
Ball color now changed to white (like a baseball)
The ball will not reset it's position after losing a life
Pixel glitch in copyright fixed
Background of title screen darkend a bit
Title screen literals should be centered now
Girders freeze when the level is won
Remaining lives are now one pixel taller

I didn't color the remaining lives the same as the climber because the colors would blend too bad.

I also changed the scoring of the bonus items. The value should be multiplied by 2 each 5th level (until level 20 I think).

This was a rush/hacked job and I'll clean it up later. The code changes don't sit well with me right now. They were patched in just to get something working.

I'd like to hear from some NTSC users too. I haven't had the opprotunity to set up my VCS to try this out yet. I moved the console switch check into overscan as a new game would make the screen jump sometimes. Can someone give it a try on your NTSC console?

I've also included a "cheat" version so you can get to the higher levels easier. The girders and dangerous items won't kill you in this version but you can pick up the bonus items.

Take care,
Dennis