Re: [stella] JoustPong: more exciting than ever!

Subject: Re: [stella] JoustPong: more exciting than ever!
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:59:36 -0800
At 08:06 PM 2/22/2004, you wrote:

"Pterry" is now a resident of the magical JoustPong kingdom!

I see two problems with your Pterry approach. One, it's double-line resolution so it really needs to go on a diet. Second, I guess you are co-opting a player because I see a lot of flicker.

If you do an intelligent flicker routine then it should only be necessary to flicker if all 3 objects are on the same scanline. Other than that, for a game with only 4 moving objects I don't see why flicker would be necessary.

I know 2600 Joust appears to have 30hz constant flicker but it's a much more complicated kernel.