Re: [stella] A/V mods

Subject: Re: [stella] A/V mods
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:49:54 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Rob wrote:

> On Monday 23 February 2004 09:14, Chris Wilkson wrote:
> > Actually, Atari2600.com is already offering that service.  You
> > can install the video board yourself, or you can have them
> > install it in a console that you provide,
>
> Those two options are listed on the atari2600.com page Glenn
> linked to, and I thought I was pretty specific about why that's
> not acceptable to me.

Yeah, you were.  That's why I directed you over to Atari2600.com.  But...

> > or you can just buy
> > the console from them with the board already installed.

> Please provide a link to the page in their online store where you
> can order such a thing.  The S-Video Mod page says "customer
> must purchase or provide console", and they do appear to sell
> consoles, but I see no way to buy a console with the board
> already installed.  Hence my original rant.

...I didn't actually go poke around myself.  :)

I have now, and sure enough that option isn't available.  I know the plan
was to offer all 3 options.  It could be that Joe simply neglected to
include the 3rd option along with the two that are explicitly listed.
I'm forwarding your rant to him...I'll reply here when I hear back from him.

-Chris