[stella] Re: A/V mods

Subject: [stella] Re: A/V mods
From: "Eric Ball" <ericball@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:59:11 -0500
A while back I stumbled across the Fairchild Semiconductor ML6415. This (and
it's cousins) is a simple video filter which appears to be exactly what the
doctor ordered. This single chip takes in luma and chroma, and outputs luma,
chroma & composite signals ready for a 75ohm cable. (I haven't found an
equivalent IC for the audio side yet, but a standard op-amp or a Maxim
MAX44100 headphone amp might work.)

It might also be necessary to adjust the TIA chroma output with a resistor
ladder to give it the swing the ML6415 wants. But this looks like it has the
potential to give the best A/V output.