[stella] Cybertech Videoboard

Subject: [stella] Cybertech Videoboard
From: resqsoft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:32:13 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Hi Chris,

Maybe I missed this, but did you ever give a list of 2600s that this mod won't work with (perhaps they work, but require a bit more  tinkering). The reason I ask, is that I recieved mine yesterday and promptly tried to install it in one of my 4 switch "Vader" units. Unfortunately all the chips are soldered on the board. I did have another unit to do the mod on and it went very quickly.

BTW: It installs really easy and looks really good. I have only 2 minor complaints. One being that the board is a really tight fight to get into the sockets. The other complaint I have is the color bleed (ghosting) on the edges. Although very minor compared to the vast improvement in video quality it provides, I am striving for a picture like you demonstrated at CGE.  Can this be adjusted with the pots?

Here is a link to my video board in action: http://home.earthlink.net/~resqsoft/cybertech_1.jpg

The variance in colors on the Imagic unit really test the video. Pitfall 2 is my other test article. Both look great.

Regards,
-Lee