Re: [stella] behold, i am become shiva, destroyer of kernals!

Subject: Re: [stella] behold, i am become shiva, destroyer of kernals!
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:12:08 -0500
>bad news: I musta been relying on something in the old memory clear,
>because now I have some extraneous crap under the main sprites in my
>title screen kernal.  This shows up on 2600 (supercharger) but not
>Z26 or PCAE

Your loop is too long, or your sprites aren't big enough - You're drawing 16 lines in the selector, but the sprites are only 9 or 10 lines high so it's continuing on into the top/bottom of the next sprite. Or something like that (or your skipdraw is failing).

Not sure why this worked before, or why it still works in z26.

Don't really understand why you used such a complicated kernal there (the title page options selector) you don't need to use any skipdraw etc you just need to read data through the sprite pointers and push them into registers...

Chris...