Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Seawolf: First Playable Alpha Version

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Seawolf: First Playable Alpha Version
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:16:02 +0100
Hi there!

I don't fully understand how you play. I keep running out of missiles and dying. Is there some way to restock, or is it just how many ships you can hit before you run out? Do you have to shoot a certain number of ships to clear the wave and restock?

At the moment the gameplay is just as you described it. Restocking is on top of my ToDo list though :-)

About the sound effects: Have you considered trying an echo effect? I always think this sounds kinda cool.

Ok, since you're the second guy now mentioning this, I'll really try to achieve echoed effects.

Have you ever played Seafox? It's similar but with some cool extras. I'm sure you can find a copy for your C64 emulator easily.
http://marvin.cc.fer.hr/~capica/redirected/shots/ccs22.gif

Certainly, I love Seafox! Seafox is IMHO best described as "Seawolf 3".
I already started borrowing some stuff from Seafox like the red cross ships. Also Thomas suggestion of allowing vertical movement for the submarine is going to be a little step further in that direction.

And personally, I think the pitch on the music is just a little too far off.

Hm... do you know the original tune? I thought it was pretty close to it. As close as I myself can get it at least... :-)

Maybe you could make a simple title screen and finally try out that cool Pitfall II-like music driver that was posted a while back.

I like the version of the Monty on the Run tune that SID2TIA spits out better than the one using Andys driver :-)
Probably just a personal preference, I don't like those vibrating voices that much.
I attached them both once again, so you can hear what I mean.

BTW: Didn't mean to be all criticism and suggestions. The game looks fantastic and shows a lot of potential.

Thanks!

Greetings,
	Manuel