Re: [stella] Reflex: Source of PAIN!

Subject: Re: [stella] Reflex: Source of PAIN!
From: Chris <anglophile1972@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 21:01:44 -0700 (PDT)
--- Lee Fastenau <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Relatively slow [stella] day... so here's the latest binary and source for
> Reflex.
<snip>

This is looking to be an incredible game! At this rate, it will be available as
an AtariAge cart by what... Thursday?! :P  Seriously, amazing progress!

I haven't noticed anyone suggest this yet.. if they have, sorry. I'd like to
see it have a one player variation with only *one* paddle instead of the
opposing pair. I think this makes sense and would offer more of a challenge
maybe not with a joystick, but definitely with the driving controllers (it's a
great idea to use those, BTW). I think it would go from a fun game to a
fantastic game that way. But, the two paddles should definitely stay for other
variations. Also, choice of smaller paddles for both two and one paddle games.

You probably saw this, but I can get the ball "stuck" on the end of the paddle,
not really in bounds or out. I did this several times by mistake (yes, I suck)
but was then able to do it on purpose. When I then move, sometimes it goes out
of bounds and other times stays in.

Anyway, great work. I want to buy this in cart form as soon as it's available
if that's your plan (and I already have driving controllers at the ready!) I
think this has the potential to be one of my very favorite games (I'm already
loving JoustPong and am ordering Marble Craze).

Chris (new list member, not the usual Chris)