[stella] z26 snapshot

Subject: [stella] z26 snapshot
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:38:47 -0400 (EDT)
http://www.hardcoders.org/z26/z26_snapshot-20040423.tar.gz

I changed the name from z26_linux_work to z26_snapshot because the
code builds & runs on Windows as well (and, according to one report,
on BeOS too).

The static build is working (look in the bin/ directory). Also you don't
need separate binaries for the various timing modes (instead you use
-T1 through -T4 to select them at runtime).

This version should fix the framerate issues people were having. Try the
`CPU hog' timing mode (-T3). Not as nice as RTC timing (-T4), but doesn't
require any special setup or particular kernel version.

Tested on a Celeron 366 laptop: -T3 and -T4 modes run at full speed.
Still need to test on a really slow CPU (Pentium 120 maybe).

Everyone test this one & let me know how it works for you, particularly
the -T3 timing mode.

--
B.