Re: [stella] z26 snapshot

Subject: Re: [stella] z26 snapshot
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:34:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Rob wrote:

> On Friday 23 April 2004 09:38, B. Watson wrote:
> > Everyone test this one & let me know how it works for you,
> > particularly the -T3 timing mode.
>
> -T3 seems to perform at full speed on this P3-800 or thereabouts.
> The defaults are a little stuttery in comparison.
>
> I'll have the RPM of this one up as soon as I make my Mandrake 10
> repository.

Actually, can you use

http://www.hardcoders.org/z26/z26_snapshot-20040427.tar.gz

for your package instead? It's got a few changes, the most visible of
which is that the FPS counter is a floating point number instead of
an int.

Everyone else: this is for you, too. There's even a Windows .exe in there
(yes, Winzip can handle .tar.gz archives, so go for it!).  This .exe
should behave exactly like the 2.12 release, except it fixes the issue
with long startup times that you might or might not have had.

-T3 is the default on Linux now, but it's very sensitive to system
load. Not what you want to use while you wait for your kernel compile
and DVD rip to finish :)

Also, the source compiles & runs on BeOS, though the sound is a bit
messed up. Also also, it should work on FreeBSD :)

Enjoy,

--
B.