Re: [stella] Horizontal scrolling demo

Subject: Re: [stella] Horizontal scrolling demo
From: Christian Bogey <khryssun@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:29:38 +0200 (CEST)
Manuel wrote :

> Ah, looks cool.

Thanks... a newbie try, I'll do better with more
experience ;-)

> I assume with assymetrical you mean using the
> playfield in reflected mode?
> (Just because right now it already is
> assymetrical...)

Well, in this demo I'm using a symmetrical mode (left
and right playfield are the same so I've just to
update PF0, PF1 and PF2 once for each scanline)
To do an asymmetrical one I'd have to change the PF0,
PF1 and PF2 values before drawing them into the right
part of the screen...just keeping the symmetrical
display mode.

> I'd suggest trying a routine using rol/ror, instead
> of whatever you're doing now ;-)

I'am already using als, ror and rol ;-)

I joined the source code for the curious... (before
posting my right and left scrolling demos on my web
site where I'm trying to give easy codes examples for
newbies programmers like me.)

Take care,
Chris