RE: [stella] The Dig?

Subject: RE: [stella] The Dig?
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:25:46 -0500
> >How much do you pay a month?  phpwebhosting.com has a pretty good
> >10/month plan..with unmeasured bandwidth and unlimited diskspace...
> >(they start at like 225 megs, and then to get more, you just ask...
> >which is a good plan to keep it unlimited while preventing abuse)
> >And they seem to do everything "right", normal apache and configuration
> >and what not...
>
> I wanted to do it with a hosting service that supports Cold
> Fusion because
> of the verity indexing which is built into Cold Fusion (not to
> mention that
> CF is all I really know).
>
> Nextmill are pretty reasonable people.  I think if I tell them what I
> expect to use they'll give me a pretty good deal.  However, I did put up
> the donation link on TheDig for a reason (nudge nudge).

(Warning!  Quite possibly off topic)
A couple of things:

I can't say enough good things about CrystalTech.  I use their "shared
advanced" plan for serving ASP pages, and most of their plans have
ColdFusion 5 support.  Their customer support is the best anywhere.  It
hasn't taken more than 30 minutes for a technician to respond to my e-mails,
even late in the evening.  And their web control center gives customers more
control than they'll probably ever use.

Their plans: http://www.crystaltech.com/shared.htm
Their components: http://www.crystaltech.com/components.htm

Also, a friend and former coworker of mine uses Google AdSense on her
website to generate enough revenue to pay for hosting.  The ads get a lot of
hits due to their contextual relevance.  They are text-only and (I think)
CSS-skinnable, not crappy animated banners.

Google Ads: http://www.google.com/ads/
Example from friend's site: http://www.wildtexas.com/parks/banderacp.php

-Lee (aka CrystalTech Fanboy)
(Please reply to stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for any questions about this