Re: [stella] The Dig?

Subject: Re: [stella] The Dig?
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 18 May 2004 13:59:09 -0000
> At 09:13 AM 5/17/2004, you wrote:
> >Do the hand picked lists of disassemblies and code snippets exist
> >anywhere?  It seems like the new
>
> The old Dig is gone and Garon has disappeared.  I wanted to redo all of his
> site and have it look somewhat similar (including his Atari Force images)
> but without his raw files I can't do it.

I wonder what happened to Garon.  Does anyone know him personally?

> >dig is a search engine.  I kinda miss the old dig where everything was
> >manually picked out of the archives and commented.

In a way, my vision for 2600 Cookbook
http://alienbill.com/2600/cookbook/
is somewhere between the
a traditional tutorial and this collection of snippets.  Once I
get its core done, I'll try to bring in more snippets (submissions
welcome, though I'm trying to keep it in the problem/summary
answer/discussion/reference/when-possible-appropriate-ready-to-
assemble-complete-code-example format)

I don't know about disassemblies though.  I thought I saw a
collection around but I forget where.

I found the old snippets a wonderful inspiration. I think between
Andrew Davie's newbie tutorial and 2600 101, a newbie can get some
of the same "wow I can do this" element I got from the old dig,
but the diversity of snippets can't easily be replicated (though
on the other hand, some of those old snippets were ferociously
crappy code, not good for newbies to copy...)

With the new dig, doing a search for things w/ attachments
can find some of those nuggets....

"Dixie to Cicero: The Jazz Migration" [...] Songs include: "She Be Big,
 Maybe Too Big Blues," "Can I Has Yo Fish?", and the classic
 "Wha's Dis on Yo Shoe?"  --Humans