Re: [stella] Impossible 2600 Ports #01: Choplifter?

Subject: Re: [stella] Impossible 2600 Ports #01: Choplifter?
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:03:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 17 May 2004, Adam Wozniak wrote:

> Wonder if it'd work if you turned the television on it's side? =)

Heehee.

So here's what you do: (if I forget an object, somebody clue me in please).

Use pf for the buildings, p0 for the player and p1 for the jets and tanks
and 2 of the hostages.  Use m0 for the chopper's shots.  Use the ball for
a 3rd guy, and use m1 for a fourth guy and the tank and jets' shots.  You
just have to make sure that the tank only appears when there is one guy on
the screen.  If you draw some funny landing feet for the chopper using the
pf, you can have 2 more guys because p0 for the chopper will never overlap
the men (even when strafing).  So now you're back up to 3 guys with a tank
on the screen.

So here is the total:

choppers w/bullets = 1
jets w/bullets = 1 or more
tanks w/bullets = 1
buildings = some
hostages = up to 6

Not bad.

We could add stripes to the chopper and pin-up women on the jets during the
final tweaking phase.  (just kidding here...I sure that's too much.)

So Thomas, I've done the hard part for you.  Now all you have to do is find
the necessary cycles!  :D

-Chris