Re: Aw: Re: [stella] The future of Stella (i.e. debugger needed)

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] The future of Stella (i.e. debugger needed)
From: Stephen Anthony <stephena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 10:35:01 -0230
On May 18, 2004 10:10 am, cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> > Yes, I know, the main problem is developer support and time.  I'd
> > *LOVE* if someone would come along and *JUST FIX* the damn sound
> > code.  I really hate sound programming, but I can't move forward
> > until it's done.
>
> Aren't Stella and Z26 using compatible licenses? Maybe you can just
> adapt its code?

Yes, both are GPL.  But right now, z26 is in x86 assembly, and Stella is
in C++.  I don't know enough ASM to do the conversion.  Besides, it's
not just the sound code itself, but timing and resampling issues.

I really need someone who knows more about sound programming than I do
to look at it .  Perhaps they'd find the problem to be quite easy to
fix.

Heck, even if someone took a look at the current way of doing it and
made some recommendations, that could help.  I could probably do the
actual coding; it's just the underlying timing/resampling *algorithm*
that's eluded me.

Steve