Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Interesting Music problem...

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] Interesting Music problem...
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:53:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 May 2004 cybergoth@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi there!

Anyone else ever run into something like this?

I've had and heard of certain Atari consoles doing this. Have you tried a different console?

I tried two of mine, a 6'er and a Jr. and I had Thomas testing it on his setup with similar bad results. That's why I thought about a PAL specific problem, since AFAIK the audio channels are only monofied on PAL consoles, or?

I don't know about the VCS, but on the Atari 800 you aren't supposed to exceed 32 for the total volume of all the sound channels. Maybe you're running into a similar limitation on the 2600?

BTW, the word you were looking for is `clipping'.

--
B.