Here (attached) is the skeleton of the new version. It's almost
completely playable, you earn points, lose and earn lives. I didn't change
sound, but I did improve the playing routines. I'm very proud, that it does
everything like the last version, using just 1 line kernel, and not needing to
borrow lines from the visible frame for the calculations. This is mostly
because I improved the score calculations routine, and displaying sprites
(that is, I read Andrew Davie's tutorial more carefully;). Also, I made
it 2K, 'cause it's just a bit over 1K.
There are a few problems, though.
1) Ufo changes colours from time to time. I can tell why is it done when
it goes to the right edge of the screen, but why is it going brighter
sometimes? Mystery to me.
2) When I added couple of instructions to the overscan, the ufo was
behaving weirdly. It changed X pos. by a few pixels from time to time. Why?
Does it mean that overscan is full of code? I thinked of adding some
variations to the game, like faster missiles, missiles that keep Xpos with
ufo, or missiles that chase player. If the overscan is full, where will I
insert all these?... poor me.
3) The sound routine is called by jsr. When I tried to insert it right in
the place in which it was called (deleting jsr Sound_Routine), the score lines
were messed up until player earned first point. What the....?!?
Also, here is what I plan to do with it:
1) Some variety, as I've written above.
2) Title screen, as before, probably the same music. I like that tune,
however, I've meant to compose something different, than what I got made
3) More fancy death kernel, with ship explosion. And it WILL apperar when
the last life is lost, I promise:)
Anyway, I'd really like to thank you all for finding some time to look at
these little "somethings" that I produce, and call "my games"...