Aw: Re: [stella] A few tunes

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] A few tunes
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:51:53 +0200 (CEST)
Hi there!

> I like those tunes! :-)

Thanks!

> Like you mentioned, the Apshai tune is kinda spooky. But it seems too slow.
> Was this on purpose?

Hm... no, I didn't do anything to it, it should be on the original C64 speed. It's from the original Temple of Apshai, not from the Trilogy.

> I can imagine it sped up a bit for play during the titlescreen or something,
> for Gateway to Apshai( if it becomes your next project).

For the title screen I already have converted the title tune from the Trilogy :-)

I thought to eventually use the old one channel "Temple" tunes as (quiet) background music, for creating an athmosphere only.

> Out of curiosity: You've got the "Christmas Demo" as a visual while the tune
> plays. I noticed that the graphics move at different speeds for each example
> tune. Frogger and Archon are faster, Apshai is slower. Is this because the
> audio commands are interefering with the timing of the VSYNC and VBLANK or
> is it something else?

I synced the visuals to one of the channels. Normally the X-Mas demo is counter driven.

Greetings,
Manuel

Arcor-DSL: jetzt ohne Einrichtungspreis einsteigen oder wechseln
Sie sparen 99,95 Euro. Arcor-DSL ist in vielen Anschlussgebieten
verfügbar. http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/emf-dsl-1