RE: [stella] Ms. Pac Man, Mr. Do, striped playfields, and one-line kernels

Subject: RE: [stella] Ms. Pac Man, Mr. Do, striped playfields, and one-line kernels
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:12:10 -0700
>I would suggest changing it if you can for 2 reasons...
>
>1) you set yourself up to use skipDraw which will eliminate the 250 zero
>ROM bytes

I should still be able to use skipdraw.  If you have an animated sprite and have to use (indirect),y addressing for that, then yes, I would have to swap x and y.  But my ball isn't animated, so I can use direct,x addressing.

>2) everytime you access ZP,y you're using an extra byte. In other words
>when it's compiled you get $xxxx,y instead of $xx,y

I didn't realize that... But I still need to be able to use (indirect),y addressing to get the brick color, which was the main reason for going this route.

Thanks Dennis!
-Lee