Re: [stella] Ms. Pac Man, Mr. Do, striped playfields, and one-line kernels

Subject: Re: [stella] Ms. Pac Man, Mr. Do, striped playfields, and one-line kernels
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 23:40:20 +0200
Lee Fastenau wrote:

> I didn't realize that... But I still need to be able to use
> (indirect),y addressing to get the brick color, which was the main
> reason for going this route.

If you only need shades of a few colors, you could use a table and OR
(or AND) the values:

   lda  baseColor    ; e.g. $bf (-> $3x and $8x)
   and  ColorTable,x
   sta  COLUBK

ColorTable:
  .byte $3e  ; some high nibble bits missing
  .byte $3c
  .byte $3a
  .byte $38
  .byte $ce  ; some different high nibble bits missing
  .byte $cc
  .byte $ca
  .byte $c8

The color selection is a bit limited, but maybe it is still useful.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |