Re: [stella] Space Savers

Subject: Re: [stella] Space Savers
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 21:04:35 +0200
Hi there!

FFFE is the BRK vector as well :-)

Bang ! Somehow I mixed things up and thought BRK used NMI vector. Thanks for pointing this out to me (Chris too!).

I'm using it while developing as in

   LDA INTIM
   BMI TimerExpired
   BNE WaitIntimReady
   RTS

TimerExpired
   BRK

Or I place it right after a bankswitch...

Or replace *any* JMP with BRK. Especially when you have a JMP target that is used more then once, BRK saves you two bytes for any addtitional JMP to that target...

There's also possibly a few hardcore tricks where you can strobe two registers in... like... 2 cycles I think...

STA SWACNT ;Set PORTB to inputs
STA SWBCNT ;Set PORTA to inputs

Save another 6 bytes by removing those two STAs... ;-)

So you don't need to initialize those RIOT ports ever ???

No. At least not if your not going to *send* something throught those ports...

Greetings,
	Manuel