Re: [stella] Atari to re-release a whole bunch of stuff

Subject: Re: [stella] Atari to re-release a whole bunch of stuff
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 8 Sep 2004 15:04:43 -0000
> Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of something else. Never had a 7800. Whoops!
>
> Was there a similarly shaped controller but with a spinning knob?

Atari-wise, the 7800 kind of seems like it should...

The Coleco Gemini/Columbia Home Arcade (the Columbia was
my first video game system) had an included paddle,
but it wasn't integrated with the stick per se:
http://atariage.com/2600/consoles/columbia_home_arcade.jpg

In non-Atari land:

Arcade games "Ikari Warriors" "Heavy Barrel" and a few others were like that,
though it was a clicky, 16 or so position spinning knob.
http://klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=8180

BAlly Professional Arcade had a fragile little thing:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/pcollard/earlyvid.htm

  "Aww Kate, nothing's corny if it gets you some." --Drew Carey