RE: [stella] Atari re-releases, 2600 on a chip rumors

Subject: RE: [stella] Atari re-releases, 2600 on a chip rumors
From: Ben Larson <benjamin_e_larson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:29:59 -0700 (PDT)
> It may very well be running on 2600-clone hardware.
>
> The 2600-on-a-chip guy made his last announcement on
> January 25th of
> this year. It was cryptic, but suggests to me that
> his work will be the basis
> of somebody's product:
>
>   ... I cannot post the current status of this
> project, and
>   I'm really sorry for that. I think it's safe for
> me to say
>   that this is not just a hobby anymore.
>
>   I just hope the day I post my last comment that
> most of you
>   be happy with the conclusion.

Yea but this new system is also running versions of
7800 games as well as 2600 ones.

I guess we probably won't know for sure what it is
until it comes out and someone is able to take it
apart and analyze it.  I hope it's real 7800/2600
compatible hardware inside, similiar to those
Famicons-in-a-controller, but I'm not getting my hopes
up...

Ben