Re: [stella] Reflex: Online level editor

Subject: Re: [stella] Reflex: Online level editor
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:56:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Glenn Saunders wrote:

compile test fix crash isn't even the way to do it. In the old days they had logic analyzers which was their way of doing breakpoint debugging, which is better than we can do unless you can get PCAtari running on your system.

Well, until we get working debuggers in z26 and Stella, you can use the trace file in z26. The latest CVS version (a couple months old by now) allows you to stop & start the trace during execution, instead of it always being on & chewing up disk space.

It's not an interactive debugger, and there's a lot you can't do with it,
but there's a lot you *can* do with it, too.

As for PCAtari: if it's a problem trying to run an old DOS app on a new
version of Windows, have you tried DOSBox?

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net

I personally haven't used it, but it's designed specifically for DOS
gaming on modern operating systems.

--
B.