RE: [stella] Reflex: Online level editor

Subject: RE: [stella] Reflex: Online level editor
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:38:13 -0500
> Well, until we get working debuggers in z26 and Stella, you can use the
> trace file in z26. The latest CVS version (a couple months old by now)
> allows you to stop & start the trace during execution, instead of it
> always being on & chewing up disk space.
>
> It's not an interactive debugger, and there's a lot you can't do with it,
> but there's a lot you *can* do with it, too.

It would be wonderful if there was a configurable mem location (or series of
locations) you could strobe that would start/stop the trace in Z26.  I had a
small part of a single frame to debug and had to wade through 6MB of trace
data to find it.  Now, I'm not complaining, just suggesting. :)  I was very
thankful that it had the trace feature... once I found the right location,
debugging was a snap! ... and honestly, it wasn't all that hard to find the
location with a hex address search.

-Lee