Re: [stella] Hellos, Maze003, and my broken consoles

Subject: Re: [stella] Hellos, Maze003, and my broken consoles
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufwork@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:22:35 -0500
On Mar 3, 2005, at 11:10 AM, Adam Thornton wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2005, at 12:39 AM, Ruffin Bailey wrote:
>
>> On Mar 2, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Andrew Schwerin wrote:
>>> (Tips on mac development tools appreciated).
>>
>> I believe MakeWav was ported as well -- check the archives.
>
> I ported it to Linux in 1996 or so as part of the original Stella CD
> project and it was dead simple.  If it hasn't been it's the work of
> mere moments to do it.

Depending on what you're doing, you can run into some sort of endian
issue on the Mac when it comes to this jive.  At one point in time, I
had it straight in my head why DAsm would have trouble and DiStella
would not.  At any rate, DAsm & MakeWav were 'trivially nontrivial'
compiles in MPW back in the Mac Classic days and DiStella wasn't much
more complicated than a brainless single line of compilation.

Ruffin Bailey