RE: [stella] problems with monitor syncing

Subject: RE: [stella] problems with monitor syncing
From: "Fred Quimby" <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 17:59:06 -0400
99% of VGA monitors cannot sync to a horizontal frequency lower than about
twice that of a television (i.e. most VGA's can't do less than about 30
kHz.)  Some really old VGA monitors will, but I wouldn't expect that people
are going to own these monitors.

A workable solution would be to store the data from each scanline in a
buffer.  Once full, output the buffer at twice the speed, and do it twice.
In fact this is exactly what many simple TV to VGA converters do.