[stella] progress with PlayerPal 2600

Subject: [stella] progress with PlayerPal 2600
From: Kirk Israel <kirkjerk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 23:39:30 -0400
http://alienbill.com/2600/playerpalnext.html

Jason Rein has very generously handed me the ASM code "SpriteMan",
setting it up so it's super-easy to customize...I haven't had time to
finish the integration, so right now it's limited to a single frame,
16 pixels high, and stuff like the background color isn't being
set...but still, it's very cool to paint something in a browser
window, press a button, and have ready-to-run code to see what you
just made on an atari.

Question...does anyone know the approximate ratio of the width and
height of player graphic pixels? The edtior uses square pixels, but it
looks like a 2:1 ratio might be a closer match, does that sound right?

Later!
Kirk