Re: [stella] VCS C programming

Subject: Re: [stella] VCS C programming
From: Kirk Israel <kirkjerk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 08:51:35 -0400
On 5/22/05, Fred Quimby <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Sounds like a 'SuperOptimizer'.
>
> This seems to implement a black-box where you duplicate results in as little
> space as possible, but in a kernel you need certain things to happen at
> certain times, greatly complicating matters.

Hmm. There's always the "random monkeys typing shakespeare"
approach...I mean, assuming there's a fixed upper limit to the maximum
size, say, as many commands as could possibly be crammed into a 2LK,
all you have to do is generate all the binary strings of that size and
see which if any do the task. Or even more directed, generate src ASM
instructions w/ all the different RAM locations.

Then all you have to do is write a program that can *identify* a
kernal that meets all the criteria! Or, if you can write a program
that can judge the fitness level on a sliding scale, you could apply a
genetic algorithm and breed new solutions and get darwin on your side!

Hmmm...