[stella] Stella 2.0 Alpha 2 available

Subject: [stella] Stella 2.0 Alpha 2 available
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:20:20 -0400
Here's the latest win32 binary:

http://www.hardcoders.org/stella-20050626.zip

There are a lot of changes, including label completion in the prompt: you
type a partial label (like "w") as an argument to a command, press Tab,
and the prompt attempts to complete it (say, to "WSYNC"). This is almost
exactly like the tab-completion in bash, if you're familiar with that.

Also added "define" and "undef" commands to manipulate labels, and a
"savesym" command to save the current symbol table. This will hopefully
be useful to people who are disassembling commercial ROMs.

Warning: there are a few commands that lack error checking ("savesym"
is one of them). If you forget to give it a filename, it should print an
error message... but instead it either uses part of your last command
as a filename, or else crashes Stella. I am in the middle of rewriting
the command parser, but won't finish until late tonight or tomorrow,
so we're posting this binary with the old parser.

I haven't had time to respond to all the discussions about new features,
but there are some damn good ideas there. When I get back home (am
currently out of town), I'll go through them in detail...

Enjoy,

--
B.