Re: Aw: [stella] Emulator detection

Subject: Re: Aw: [stella] Emulator detection
From: "Aaron" <stella-receiver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:31:54 -0400
cybergoth@xxxxxxxx said:
> Well, in the end we found that we can indeed stop binaries from running
> anywhere but the real thing, but we also found that people with our
> knowledge can as easily *crack* those binaries to run again...
>
> (I think it all started out when I was trying to code a hack protection
> for Gunfight)
>
> In the end I just don't think it's worth it. Either people want to support
> the homebrew scene in 2005 or they don't.

I agree, such a thing could and would be quickly cracked, especially with
Stella 2.0 on the way.  If people don't want to pay for your game, they're
not going to, end of story.

Honestly I think with the way the Atari scene is, you might even see
positive results from having a rom available.  Think of it as advertising.

-Aaron