RE: [stella] BASIC functions - ADR()

Subject: RE: [stella] BASIC functions - ADR()
From: "Fred Quimby" <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 23:53:28 -0400
>10 GOSUB A

I'm not sure I've ever used a BASIC that allowed something like GOSUB A.  Is
this an Atari 8-bit BASIC thing?  In that vein, I can't say I would miss
something I never had.

>So I think your kind of BASIC should allow the use of RAM-free aliases just
>as assembler does, which would be resolved at compile time and never
>actually use up RAM.
>
>In fact, I would try to just drop the line numbers completely, just as DASM
>doesn't use line numbers.  Once you have labels that you can use for GOTO
>and GOSUB then you're pretty much covered as far as flow control goes.

I think I'll make them optional, and allow alphanumeric labels too.  Some
may wish to code with line numbers, some may not.  Personally, I'm
accustomed to them since I used BASIC so much in the past.