RE: [stella] Compiling distella on OS X -- real dirty

Subject: RE: [stella] Compiling distella on OS X -- real dirty
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 19:30:35 -0400
> This sounds logical - the files did seem to have endless spaces in them and
> they always occured at the same place in the same files.  The DOS version I
> have must have the bug fixed, since it doesn't print the spaces.

If you've got the bug-fixed DOS version from Bob's site, well, it comes
with the sources. You should be able to port version 3.0 (the latest) to
MacOS X and it'll work just fine. I just tested it on MacOS X 10.3.7, and
it works great (I had to rename BLAH.C files to blah.c and get rid of a
^Z character in queue.c, then compile with "gcc -o distella distella.c").

> It always fails to disassemble of my 1k minigames (not that I need to
> disassemble it, but still.)  Here's the game anyway.

It disassembles fine with Distella 3.0 on Linux and OSX.

If you don't want to mess with compiling your own, here's the OSX binary:

 	http://www.hardcoders.org/distella.macosx_bin.gz

Nice minigame, BTW. Fast and furious, and it gets damn difficult after
the second boss. Is this the finished game, or are you still tweaking it?

--
B.