RE: [stella] Compiling distella on OS X -- real dirty

Subject: RE: [stella] Compiling distella on OS X -- real dirty
From: "Fred Quimby" <c9r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 17:16:54 -0400
> > I had to stop using the existing OS X port posted last year because it
>often
> > failed - it would end up hanging and creating extremely large files
>about
> > 10% of the time - on the order of a few hundred megs - before I could
>kill
> > it.
>
>Not sure if this is the same bug or not, but I found that distella will
>print 2^32-1 spaces (about 4 gigs worth) whenever it encounters an illegal

This sounds logical - the files did seem to have endless spaces in them and
they always occured at the same place in the same files.  The DOS version I
have must have the bug fixed, since it doesn't print the spaces.

It always fails to disassemble of my 1k minigames (not that I need to
disassemble it, but still.)  Here's the game anyway.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-zip which had a name of Zirconium.zip]