[stella] Announcing "webTune2600"

Subject: [stella] Announcing "webTune2600"
From: Kirk Israel <kirkjerk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:19:25 -0400
I realized that I might never get to "redoing" all the fun math stuff
Tune2600 does, so I did the next best thing...I made a simplified web
interface to it:

http://alienbill.com/2600/basic/music/tune2600.html

I'm pretty proud of how my "HTML table keyboard" came out. I figure
that if 3 octaves isn't enough, then the person is probably ready for
expert mode anyway, where you enter the command line directly.

So every option to Tune2600 is represented (though tucked away)
Apologies to the German folks here...I tend to use the American "B"
instead of the German "H".

Suggestions welcome.  Obvious thanks to Thomas for the code and B.
Watson for the Linux compile (both are credited on the results screen)

Incidentally, this is for my upcoming, half-finished tutorial on the
basics of Atari music (with a Batari BASIC slant),
http://alienbill.com/2600/basic/music/
If someone who understands the science better than I do wants to
suggest any improvements to that, I'd be very grateful (in particular
a description of the various channel/distortions, especially how they
connect...I was surprised to realize the Tune2600 will sometimes
suggest different Distortion values in order to get a better absolute
pitch match....in practice, you can save RAM or ROM space if you can
still with a single channel)