Re: A would-be user's first XSL experience (long)

Subject: Re: A would-be user's first XSL experience (long)
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:06:20 -0400 (EDT)
[Paul Prescod]
> If you download xt from jclark.com you'll see that it has a file
> "xt.jar".  This is a *compiled* Java library. I don't know how Java
> works on the Mac but I know that it does. So you don't have to
> compile anything. You just need to put "xt.jar" and "xp.jar" (from
> the xp distribution) somewhere where your Java implementation can
> find them (CLASSPATH???) and invoke xt.jar:

The lack of a command line on the Mac makes Java a real pain in the
butt.  I don't know about typical user use, but to distribute a Java
application on the Mac, I have to use a tool from the Mac Java package
to create a Mac application by feeding it the class, class path, and
other parameters.  (For CD distribution, I then need to write an
AppleScript that installs the software, since an application won't be
recognized on an ISO 9660 CD, since there's no resource fork...)
Playing nice with others is not something the Mac system is good at.

-Chris